Academic Integrity is very important on the campus of North Carolina State University. In the spring of 2001, the Student Body adopted, by popular vote, the following honor statement:
We, the North Carolina State University Community, in order to foster an environment of scholarship and mutual disdain for academic dishonesty, hereby commit ourselves to uphold the principles of honor, integrity, and moral responsibility. As a community we deem it necessary:
- to cultivate within each member these principles which will be adhered to throughout one’s life;
- to create trustworthy members of the community by placing trust in them;
- to prevent any student from gaining an unfair advantage through dishonesty.
Furthermore, it is the responsibility of the members of the North Carolina State University Community:
- to exercise judgement in accordance with these principles;
- to encourage fellow members of the community to uphold these principles;
- to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the Code of Student Conduct.