Buy a Origami Wishes t-shirt
The NC State Bookstore is currently selling t-shirts! The shirts cost $10 and half of that ($5) goes to the relief effort.
Fundraisers, Ideas, and Volunteering
- Vigil of Silence
- Origami Crane Folding
- Tucker Hall Residence
- Chalk the Walk
- Hosted By: The Crafts Center and Campus Arts Council
- Date: April 7th from 12:00pm - 5:30pm
- Location: Wolf Plaza (by the three wolf statues)
- Come by to donate, or sign up early to participate. Individuals and teams will be working on chalk designs based on the theme, 'Well Wishes for Japan'. Each group has a donation bucket, and will be competing to raise the most money. Contact The Craft Center at 919-515-2457 to find out about registration, rules, and prizes.
- Learning Origami, Making Tsuru
- Hosted By: The University Scholars Program
- Date: April 7th from 4:45pm - 6:45pm
- Location: Bragaw Activity Room
- Come out and learn how to make Origami! There will be an oportunity to buy relief T-Shirts and a chance to donate to the relief effort.
- Cultural Candle Light Vigil
- Date: April 15th from 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Location: Court of Carolinas
- Join us in a vigil at night. The vigil will be 4 hours with an event every 45 minutes ranging from community and university speakers to Japanese cultural music by local professionals on the koto (stringed instrument) and taiko (native drums). This will be a great opportunity to show your support and if possible donate to the cause. We are expecting a large showing from the local Japanese community and it would be a powerful expression of unity if the NCSU students could match them 1:1. There will also be an opportunity to make origami cranes at this event. If you have have facebook then go ahead and join the facebook event.
- Jammin for Japan
- Hosted By: Student Leadership Team
- Date: April 16th at 8:00pm
- Location: Riddick Hall Lounge
- Join us for a night of music, dancing and fund raising. Check back for more details about the event.
Any student can drop their donations off at the CSLEPS office (Third floor of Tally - 3115) or the Student Government office (Third floor of Witherspoon Student Center - 307A)
Interested alumni can mail donations to the Origami Wishes: Japan Disaster Relief effort to the Student Government office - 307A Witherspoon Hall.
If you choose to donate by check, please make checks payable to "The American Red Cross" and write Japan Disaster Reflief in the subject/memo line.